- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc. to meet financial accounting objectives.
- Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Prepare, review, and analyse financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationship
Technical Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CA, CMA, semi qualified CA or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results